Your Compassion Footprint
|"Never before in history has it been easier to change the planet."|
- Seth Godin, entrepreneur, futurist, and best-selling author
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
- Margaret Mead, cultural anthropologist
"A journey of 1,000 miles does not begin with a single step. It begins with a dream." - Eric Kasum, founder of the Imagine Institute
What future can you imagine?
The Imagine Institute is a think tank where you are helping to create the future. Our motto is: Ideas into action. We focus on one thing: helping you increase your "Compassion Footprint."
What is a Compassion Footprint?
Your Compassion Footprint is the impact your kindness, empathy, and nonviolent action have upon the people around you and the world.
Humanity stands at a turning point. We have a choice: We can either keep doing things the way we've been doing them for the last 10,000 years (e.g., wars, disease, poverty, starvation, natural disasters - human suffering in so many forms - and more recently damage to the environment which may threaten the very survival of our species). We call this "the future by default." Basically, it's caveman thinking with nuclear weapons. Or we can choose a different future. We call this "the future by design. In short: We must create a new story for humanity.
What future can YOU imagine?
Our website is a smorgasbord of great ideas designed to stir up your passions, offer a blueprint and a toolkit to empower you, your friends, family, and community to take action, have an impact, and make change. In other words, to create a new story for humanity.
At the Imagine Institute, we believe in challenging the status quo.
- Ordinary people have the power to do extraordinary things.
- Each one of us has an innate desire to help others.
- You don't need a magic wand to change human history. All you need is a dream, a blueprint, and a few good tools.
- All living creatures are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- It's absolutely possible - in fact, essential - for us to reach critical mass, a Tipping Point for Peace.
- Religion is not a wall of division. It is a bridge of cooperation. People of different faiths can work together to apply the core value of all faiths: service to others.
- Change does not come from government; it maintains the status quo. Change comes from you.
- By expanding your Compassion Footprint, you are helping to create a new story for humanity.
"Indeed you are called. Otherwise you wouldn't be here in this defining epoch of the human story." - James O'Dea of Amnesty International, Seva Foundation, and the Institute of Noetic Sciences
Someone once asked Mahatma Ghandi, "What is your message?" He replied: "My life is my message."